Summer Shorts - £3000 Funding
17th August 2020 at 11:59am - 21st August 2020 at 5:00pm
£3,000 funding for your short film idea
Our Summer Shorts programme is the opportunity for our Approved Members to produce a short film which is then showcased across the UK through our parnter cinema, ODEON.
Members are invited to submit their film ideas. Successful applicants will be awarded £3000 which can be spent on location, equipment and costume.
Approved Members will be invited back to shoot the film August 2020 with Greenwich Univeristy acting as the production office
17th January 2020
Cast and Crew Applicaition
20th - 31 January 2020
Auditions & Interviews
11 April 2020 (Greenwich University)
17th - 21st August
Jan - April 2021
Who can Apply?
This is Open for Approved Members only. To become an Approved Member, you must first pass our SetReady Course. Apply for Approved Membership Here >
How to submit your idea?
Please attach to your application;
A Script - this doesn’t have to be a completed screenplay. It can be a treatment, a PDF with links to footage, or any other pitch document that shows the project’s potential.
A Cover Letter (We recommend 1-2 pages in length) — Please include
- Your vision for your project.
- Why you believe that your project would represent the National Youth Film Academy well.
- Your desired role. Scripts / Treatments are submitted and if selected you will be credited as a writer. If you also wish to act or direct in the film, please state this so we can consider you.
Optionally, you can include a PDF document that includes any other information. This can be anything from a full series bible to a line-item budget, to links to footage or a sizzle reel. We recommend only including information that gives a better sense of the specific project, but please include anything that will help our judges understand the creators and the project.
- All characters playing age must be between 13 - 30 years old
- It must be able to be shot in or around London or the surrounding area
- Minimum of 5 speaking characters 15 minutes in length
- You can submit as many films as you wish
- Funding must be used on production costs only. It cannot be used for food, drink, travel or accommodation.
- Hired equipment must be through our partner Procam unless otherwise agreed.
- Funding cannot be used on Freelance Salary. We wish to encourage our members to contribute to each project role.
- All materials submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this production grant program.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay must be owned and submitted by the writer or owner.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or director or the work is in the public domain.
- Screenplays must be in generally accepted industry-standard formatting as a PDF file. Any popular software may be used for formatting, such as Final Draft, WriterDuet, Celtx or Fade In.
- The material submitted must be in English
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible
University of Greenwich, Stockwell Street Library, Stockwell Street, Greenwich Peninsula, London, UK