One World - £1,000 Funding
23rd February 2020 at 11:59am - 23rd February 2020 at 12:59pm
£1,000 funding for your short film idea to celebrate world environment day
About the £1K Challenge
Around every Quarter we give our Members the opportunity to apply for a grant to fund a short film. Successful applicants will be awarded £1,000 which can be spent on location, equipment and costume.
We base the themes of these short films around significant events in the calendar year..
Theme - Our world, look after it!
The United Nations designated 5 June as World Environment Day to highlight that the protection and health of the environment is a major issue, which affects the well-being of peoples and economic development throughout the world
We challenge you to develop film concept that highlights how important it is for us to protect the one world we live in!
Application Deadline - 23rd February 2020
Film Announcement- 6th February 2020
Film Handin - 20th May 2020
Film Release - 5th June 2020
Who Can Apply?
Funding is for Members only. Membership to the National Youth Film Academy is for as little as £10 for 3 months.
- All characters playing age must be between 13 - 30 years old
- Minimum of 2 speaking characters 15 minutes in length
- You can submit as many films as you wish
- The film must meet the theme criteria
- It can be a documentary
- All crew must be aged 16-25 years with a minimum of 5 crew
How to submit your idea?
Please attach to your application;
A Script - this doesn’t have to be a completed screenplay. It can be a treatment, a PDF with links to footage, or any other pitch document that shows the project’s potential.
A Cover Letter (We recommend 1-2 pages in length) — Please include
- Your vision for your project.
- Why you believe that your project would represent the National Youth Film Academy well.
- Your desired role. Scripts / Treatments are submitted and if selected you will be credited as a writer. If you also wish to act or direct in the film, please state this so we can consider you.
Your Team - For each of the crew Members and Actors, they must have a profile on the website, please include their profile URL in the application. If they don’t have one they can register here https://talent.nyfa.org.uk/register
- Funding must be used on production costs only. It cannot be used for food, drink, travel or accommodation.
- Hired equipment must be through our partner Procam unless otherwise agreed.
- Funding cannot be used on Freelance Salary. We wish to encourage our members to contribute to each project role.
- All materials submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this production grant program.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay must be owned and submitted by the writer or owner.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of the writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or director or the work is in the public domain.
- Screenplays must be in generally accepted industry-standard formatting as a PDF file. Any popular software may be used for formatting, such as Final Draft, WriterDuet, Celtx or Fade In.
- The material submitted must be in English
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible