Trapped indoors? Not allowed outside? Perfect opportunity to make a film.
Whether you’re an Actor, Director, Cinematographer, Writer or are pursuing another role in the Film Industry, making films is what it’s all about.
We’re accepting entries for 1-3 minute short films filmed using whatever equipment, cast and crew you have available to be showcased on our website.
We’d love to see stories on how to deal with being stuck indoors, ways to pass the time, or stories that take place in the comfort of your home.
We’re accepting entries filmed using SLR and Digital Camera Equipment, as well as on phones for the very first time.
Please refrain from entries of a “Video Diary” or Documentary format, as we’re more interested in the stories you can come up with using more restrictions than are ordinarily there in FilmMaking!
Imagination rules the day here - tell your story however you think works best within the medium of film.
The creators of the four best films will win £250 and their films will also be showcased on our website, as well as a short feature about their creators.
- 1 Entry per Person.
- Films exceeding 3 minutes in length won't be considered.
- "Video Diaries" or Documentaries won't be accepted.
- It doesn't have to be Rated U, but a Common Sense approach to maturity of the content is a good idea.
- By entering the competition you agree that the National Youth Film Academy may post your film in its entirety on our website and social media pages.
- You may use any equipment you have available to produce your film, including a Smart Phone.
- Results will be announced within one month after the Competition Closing Date.
- We will accept .mov files, .mp4 files, YouTube and Vimeo links.
- If you choose to send us a Private/Password Video Upload make sure to let us know what the access details are.
- Stay safe, stay distant and stay healthy!
How to Enter
Members can submit their films using the link below